Friday, June 26, 2015

Wanted Fugitive: Jazz Williams


Capturing images through the mind. Drawing is not an easy task well for me. If I cannot see the object then I cannot put it on paper. Drawing is gift that takes time to progressively get better. 

I had the pleasure of meeting someone who can take an image and put it on paper with a writing utensil. Jazz is an extraordinary artist who picked up a pencil and made art. Drawing since a young age, Jazz is a U of M student has taken her drawings to a whole another level. 


Check out her interview with me and some more of art below.

See more of her art on Instagram and Tumblr!!!!!

      





 How long have you been drawing?
I've always been into drawing since further than I can remember. I was more into sketches and doodles. It wasn't until my 2nd year of college that I started to take it seriously and practice. I am getting better but there's so much to learn.


What is the most difficult thing about drawing?
I think the most difficult things about drawing are perspectives and depth. Its a bit harder making a drawing more three dimensional.

What is your fave thing to draw?
I really enjoy still lives. I like putting a bunch of random items together and making it whole through art. I've also recently became fond of portraits. I quite enjoy drawing their expressions and everyone's different hairstyles.

Do you think your drawings convey your own personality or mood?
I definitely think it conveys my personality and interests. I'm always drawing things and people I like and I've gotten into the groove of my own style that make my drawings identifiable as mine.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years with your art?
I see my art being used in marketing. I've really enjoyed my internship at school in the marketing department. It combines my love of traditional art and digital art into one department.

Any advice for upcoming artist?
I think I'd tell them to practice practice practice lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment